



Anytime we go to Bryan and Sarah's, this is the scene in the backyard. The three girls bouncing endlessly on the trampoline. They are in their own little make-believe world together. Last night I happened to be out there with them watching Truman conquer the slide and listened to their conversations. Maren is the oldest cousin, so naturally she plays the character of "mom". Reese is next in line, so she is the "older sister". And little Eliza will be doomed to be the "baby" or "little sister" forever, or until Bricey is here and can take over that role. Truman has just discovered the trampoline and how much fun he has on it, so when he got on, he played the role of "King Truman". (I am sitting on the swing, trying to pretend I don't hear all of this, and biting my cheek hard so I don't laugh out loud!!) Then on with the show. They got in the play pool and pretended it was a car, and went shopping for clothes. (typical girls) When they arrived at the store, Maren proceeded to pick out clothes for Reese to try on, and Reese was NOT happy with her selection. (Does this sound familiar, Mom?! She's a girl after my own!) Then when the clothes were all decided on, they got back in the car (pool) and went home to show "King Truman" what they bought. This goes on for HOURS. Same characters, different story lines! All the while, their parents sit inside and watch TV, eat, and just plain enjoy the quiet!
Islas Baby Blessing
10 years ago
3 comments:
I love make believe! Boo always teases me that I must have had a horrible child hood because I had no neighbors. I tell him it was great because we had great imaginations and therefore we did more than most kids.
Look at those cuties on the tramp.
I cant believe how big Eliza has gotten. I guess that happens though....
I love listening in on what my kids are doing/saying. Malia will talk to herself for at least an hour after I put her to bed. I will often catch myself with my ear to her bedroom door just listening. It's must be nice that your kids play together so well!
Tiff
Post a Comment