Thursday, April 24, 2008

Here's to You, Roo!


Greg and I have had quite an adventure thus far. We have lived on Madison Ave. In Ogden, where we hauled our laundry up and down a flight of stairs in the snow to launder them in a “community” facility. We have lived in Hooper in a quaint little duplex with no shower...just a bath. We have moved cross-country to attend school in Ohio, leaving behind our families for “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure”, as we sometimes refer to our dental school experience! We have traveled a little, laughed A LOT, made some GREAT friends, and had some pretty amazing experiences together. About 4 years into our marriage, after a “fate-full” little trip to Chicago :), we were about to have our lives change forever, as that little plus line showed up on 4 different pregnancy tests. (Greg didn’t believe it the first 3 times!) So, our two was turning into three. Our marriage was turning into a family. Something we had dreamed about since the day we were married. Four years ago, we traded the lives we were living, the only ones we’d ever known, for You, Reese. We traded quiet Sunday mornings sleeping in and fun mid-afternoon phone calls plotting spontaneous dinners at favorite restaurants for diapers, sleep deprivation, binkies, and “The Wiggles”. It happened to be the best deal we ever made. Happy 4th birthday Roo!

15 comments:

Heather K said...

Oh, the good ol' quiet days before we all had kids, yet we all know we wouldn't trade them for the world!

With Reese turning four, that means Caleb is just around the corner!

Happy Birthday Reese! We wish we were closer, but it snowed here today so enjoy your warm weather!

BRENT said...

Happy B'day! That picture really reminds me of Gregs face when he came walking out of one of Weaver's tests.

Linds said...

kort that is the cutest post i've ever read! i love how you wrote that! reese is soo dang cute. happy birthday!

Tara said...

That's funny, Dan didn't believe the first 3 pregnancy tests I took either. Those skeptical Manning boys. Hope Reese has the best birthday and wish we were there to see those priceless reactions of hers when she opens presents.

Schmid Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Reese. I can't believe that she is turning 4. How time flies. What a cute post. Love ya
Amy

Steph said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Reese!! It is crazy that she is 4! Love and miss you guys. Steph

Boo and Sara said...

Happy Birthday Reese! We are so excited for the party.

Heather A said...

All the Ohio kids that age are getting so big! It is hard to believe it has been 4 years already.

David & Jennifer Robinson said...

Happy Birthday Reese!

The kids are getting so big! Truman looks like Greg, "mini me"!

Miss you both and hope to see you this summer!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

You should write Hallmark cards :)

C and T Orvin said...

Wow! The nicknames just keep coming...Roo and Trummy...for cute. Save Trummy for Kennedy...he is so dang cute!!!
Happy Birthday Reese! I hope that she/you liked the dress. If not the reciept is in the dress. You can return the bow at 7054 E Meseto! J/K :) Casey always makes fun of me because I never give toys. I try to give something I think the mom would like. I loved Holly's idea of moon sand though!!! Your parents were great...Greg's fam too! We should get together this week - Lets try to do it when you think you can get a shower before noon - haha Well -off to bed ...later

tammy said...

Kort, in one minute she will be graduating from high school. Time flies! Reese is so funny. Your pictures are way too cute-how can you stand it!

Boo and Sara said...

I love the new template. You are going to have to teach me how to do it. For now I will rely on Pyzam. Sorry I haven't called, I have been sick and just having got around to it. I will call you tomorrow. I think I am going to St. George May 19-26.

Anonymous said...

If Carson ever reads this post he will know the sweet birthday card I wrote him is in fact a fake!! So cute. I think your kids are adorable, and we should get our kids together sometime. Seriously, lets me you and Sara get together! Let me know what you think. Aub

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Happy belated birthday reese! I loved reading that post! She is so dang cute! We miss her so much! I can't believe she is 4!!