This is seriously the conversation I had with Reese in the car last Friday. I could tell her little mind's wheels were turning with all her questions.
R: "Mom, why do the people cry when they get their new house?"
(talking about Extreme Home Makeover)
K:"Because they are so happy, and sometimes when people are really really happy, they start to cry."
R: "Oh"
Few minutes later...
R: "Mom, what does 'scared to death' mean?"
K: "It is just something people say to tell you how scared they were."
Few minutes later...
(looking at her bag of apples from her happy meal)
R:"Mom, I really don't like Ronald McDonald."
K: "That's OK if you don't."
R: "Mom, what does 'Clown' mean?"
K: "It's a name for people who dress up silly and paint their faces to make people laugh."
R: "It doesn't make me laugh. It makes me cry."
Few minutes later...
R: "Mom, I want to hear 'Yeah, by Usher' on the radio."
(Yes, it is one of her favorite songs because it sounds like it has trumpets in it, and anything to do with band music is right up her alley! Listen to the song again, you'll laugh at what she thinks are the trumpets! She is also OBSESSED with who sings the songs. She needs to know the artist's name!And usually remembers it, too. Strange, I know!)
K: "Well, we just have to wait to see if it comes on."
Minutes later, this song comes on...
R: "Mom, this is 'To the left', you don't like this song, huh?"
K: "Nope, it's not my favorite."
R: "I like 'Clumsy' by Fergie mom, do you?
K:"Yeah, that's a good song"
R:"I'm kind of tired, let's go home."
K:"OK, good idea."
I am not kidding you, this is my everyday! I would like to live inside her mind for one day. She is always so inquisitive. She keeps me thinking most days! What a sweetheart!
Islas Baby Blessing
10 years ago
3 comments:
That is hillarious, Kort. Reese is too cute, and a smartie too. I love to hear Reese stories. They make me laugh. Love ya,
Amy
she is so funny! i also watch celebrity rehab - who's your fav? i can't believe we haven't talked about this yet! love you!
She is such a cutie! I was actually just like her that I had to know who sang the songs--still do! Music trivia is my thing! Maybe it'll be her thing too!:)
Post a Comment