I was tagged by Lindsie, and this should be really interesting!
What TV show did you want to be in when were little?
I don't know that I really wanted to "be in" a show, as much as I wanted 'Charles in Charge' of ME! I also wouldn't have minded being best friends with 'Punky Brewster'...she had a lot of street smarts, that girl.
Most embarrassing moment your friends will never let die?
This one is hard, as I cannot really pinpoint the dumbest thing I've ever done in my life, there are a few! If I had to choose a funny one, though, it would be this one:
I would say it wasn't with my friends, but with my in-laws. We were sitting around Greg's parent's house talking about the upcoming holidays, and I said this: "I am so glad that Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday this year...that means I'll have a four-day break from work." Everyone in the room busted up laughing at me. How could I be 20 years old, and JUST find out that Thanksgiving is ALWAYS on a Thursday?? I really feel like the public school system failed me. And a BIG thanks to the Manning's for NEVER LETTING IT DIE!!! I'm just glad they still love me, even though I come up with some crazy things sometimes :)
What has been your proudest moment?
Watching my husband graduate from Dental School, knowing that I supported him the whole way through! (and the birth of my kids...that's a given!)
What adult did you have a crush on when you were younger?
Two words: Coach Thornberg! Wow, did I have the hots for him! I'm sure most of my high school friends will agree with me!
What habit or personality trait of one of your parents did you swear you'd never have/do?
I always thought my mom was crazy and mean for making us clean the house...however, I cannot wait until Reese turns 4 so she can finally take over some of the household chores. (yes, I'm kidding, don't call child protective services on me!)
What did you want to change your name to when you were little?
I know a lot of people have issues with wanting to change their name, but this has never crossed my mind. I have always loved my name. It is unique, especially the spelling.
Who was your 1st kiss?
I, like Linds, will not divulge the name, but it was in the 8th grade, and we'll just say over the next 5 years of middle/high school, he worked his way through most of our friends. Wow!
Three adjectives friends from high school would use to describe you?
Life of the party, unforgettable, uber-exciting. (that was more than three words)
I obviously can't answer this one, ask my friends if you want to know!
What hairstyle, clothes, or other accessories did you rock back in the day when it was cool?
Big hair...hard not to when I have so much...blue/pink eyeshadow...side clips for my shirt to slide through--I mean--who wants their shirt to just hang down on both sides? I also was a big fan of Unit Belts. I had every color. I miss those days. A Unit Belt would do wonders to cover my "unsightly belly fat" now-a-days.
What job did those long and annoying surveys in school say you would be good at?
A Psychologist. And they hit it on the nail head. I am FULL of good advice.
What made you laugh harder than you have ever laughed before?
A certain someone singing "I can only Imagine" at the ward talent show. Dance moves and all! That was the hardest I've ever bit my tongue, too :)
Also, the time when Alesha and I drove up to the state track meet because we were both on student council and had to show our support...(or there was an Abercrombie & Fitch near by the meet, and it was a really good excuse!). Anyway, leaving Sugar House park, I accidentally hit a pedestrian with her mom's blazer. He was so embarrassed that he just quickly jumped up and took off running. I tried to stop him and say sorry, but he just waved me off and kept running. I think we laughed all the way back home!!(yes, I know we should not have laughed...it could have been a lot worse, and we were lucky)
Favorite memories of hanging out with your best friends?
This one I am going to fast-forward to dental school. Our dear friends, the Jarvis', have had many a good laughs with us. Probably too many to mention, but here are a few: Telling the story of Greg working so hard for me, and being grateful. The boys dressing as 70's pimps to go to the ward Halloween party. And all the late-night Rook parties at their house. Everything is funny at 1:00 am after 64oz. of diet coke and a bag of Dittos!!! Miss you, Brooke and Devon :(
What's the most trouble you have ever gotten in with your parents?
When I was 13 I got to have my first boy/girl birthday party. Well, people who hadn't been invited to the party showed up...and they were drunk. I'm not sure why, but I tried to hide them in my room so my mom wouldn't catch them, and she did anyway. Even though I didn't even KNOW these people...they were friends of my friends...I still got in more trouble than I have ever been in. I was grounded for like 2 months, and couldn't talk on the phone either. It was the worst. I was really a good kid, so it devastated me to have disappointed my parents. Sorry again, Mom and Dad :) I did make up for it by being a COMPLETE ANGEL the rest of my days as a teenager!! HA HA
What was your 5 year plan if you had to write it out in high school?
College, EFY Counselor, traveling, marriage.
What is your 5 year plan now?
Student Loan debt paid off, buy a house (finally...we've been in school for so long, we sort of missed the "starter house" phase of our life...now we have two kids and a lot of junk...we're looking for something a little bigger now!)We also want to dabble a little in traveling! Here's hoping, right?! Also, we'd better throw another kid in there somewhere!!
Who do you tag?
Since Lindsie took care of our H.S. friends...I would love to hear these answers from Ohio State friends. So get ready.. I tag: Brooke, Lezlee, Lindsey, Amy Schmid, and Amy Elmore. Have fun!
Islas Baby Blessing
10 years ago
1 comments:
Kortney,
Love your blast from the past. Hey, what's your email addresss(your gmail)?
Post a Comment