Wednesday, February 6, 2008

One thing I know for sure...

Nothing is worse than having sick kids!!! I took Truman into the pediatrician this morning to find out that he has R.S.V. He has had this nasty runny nose and cough that had gotten progressively worse in the last two days, so I gave in and took him. Reese has a matching nose and cough, but it is called bronchialitis (sp?) in older children. (I didn't actually take her in, just relayed the simptoms to them, and got a diagnosis based on Truman. Love those two-for-ones!!) So, I then proceeded to Wal-Mart to fill the RX's. I quickly found out that I have been totally spoiled by my father-in-law Bart in the pharmacy dept. I was floored to find out that with absolutely NO ONE waiting there besides myself, there would still be about a 30 minute wait. AAAAGH! So, to re-cap, I have a sick kid on my hip who is crying by now from lack of nap, AND I get to wait for another half hour before going home. This was all a few hours ago, and I am now at home with two sick kids who aren't hungry, thirsty, tired (yah right), and just want me to hold them. Some days are just a waist of make-up!Right? I think the worst part of the whole ordeal, is that there isn't anything I can do to help them feel better at this point. What a helpless feeling.

5 comments:

Steph said...

You poor girl...that is no fun! It stinks to move to a warm city just for your kids to get RSV! What is that about??? Good luck! I hope they feel better soon! Love you...Steph

Heather K said...

I feel for ya. The only thing worse than having sick kids is being sick with your kids! (The kids and I all had the stomach flu in December...)

I hope they feel better real quick so you can get back to "normal".

Schmid Family said...

That really sucks, Kort. I hope that they get better quick. Call me if I can help out.

Amy

Linds said...

Kort your blog is the cutest!! i'm excited to get to read about your life! yes sick kids suck! my 8 month old just got over RSV last week! going in and out of the hospital sucks! i'm just glad he's better. today i have the flu! ahhh! taking care of kids while your sick is the worst also! well, cute cute blog. i'm going to add you to mine. miss you kort!

John & Shauna said...

I'm so glad you posted on my blog. I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep updated. Bummer we just missed living there by you. You will have to email me and tell me where you live. I know you don't want the world to exactly where you live. YOur kids are adorable.