Thursday, September 25, 2008

Learn from my mistake...

While out tonight, I noticed two personalized license plates and had some thoughts regarding them. The first one was an old lady whose plate said : "msbhvn2" (translation for those of you who don't speak license plate language: misbehavin2) This could only mean one thing...that somewhere her husband/life partner was driving msbhvn1. Trust me, if you saw her, you would NOT want to know that she may or may not be "misbehaven"!!! The second one I saw stated this: "hotbunz" I read this and then noticed it was a middle-aged balding man driving the truck. I'm not sure if it was a joke, or if he was advertising, but either way....creepy and grose. While pondering the two plates I saw on the way home, I remembered that I, too, fell victim to the 'oh-so-cute' personalized plate once in my life. It was when I turned 16 and got my first car. Before I tell you what it said, please keep in mind that I drove a teal dodge shadow with pink swooshy stripes up the side (VERY COOL!). It read this: 'KORTI-Q' This was short for 'Korti-cucumber', a nick name my family had always called me growing up. My Question is this: WHY DIDN'T ANYONE STOP ME FROM DOING THIS? Mom, Dad, Alesha....why would you let this happen. Every time someone asked me what it meant, they started by saying 'What does Korti-O stand for?' and I would have to tell them it was a Q, then try to explain the cucumber...which had no explanation. The moral of this story is don't do it. Even if you come up with "2THFIXR" (TOOTHFIXER) because you are a dentist...DON'T DO IT!!

17 comments:

snow family said...

Don't worry... in high school my license plate said "petedog". Yeah... that beats kortiq. I think anyone that makes that mistake learns from it. Davis always makes fun of ANYONE that has something on their plate. Love ya.

jaesi said...

A the freak MEN!!!

I HATE personalized license plates for all time!

Angie Startin said...

Please don't tell me this is a way of getting Greg to NOT get the personalized license plate because he is a dentist. Oh Greg...don't. Just say no. I thought you were much cooler than that. I had a similar high school car license plate embarassment, but it was the holder thing that goes around the plate. If you want to know it, I will tell you later...still embarassing.

brit said...

at 16 i really wanted beameup

thats beam me up, if you couldnt tell. i drove a little P-O-S BMW. my parents wouldnt pay for it, thank goodness! ha ha

Heather said...

ok, I must be weird because I like them if you understand them. If you're sitting there forever trying to figure it out then it frustrates me. I've seen some clever ones that are funny. I don't have one-I did when I was in High School and it was HFISH for Heather Fisher. My sister has one that totally fits her: RULATE2 translation: Are you late too? They are never on time so it's funny. Oh well, I'm a geek.

Kady said...

A dear friend's license plate says I(Heart)NECMN. The NECMN are the first initials of her husband and kids, but it has been interpreted to be: I love any come on, OR I love any seamen. Either way, not good.

Justin and Steph said...

Hi Kortney! I'm not sure if you remember me you might have to pull out your yearbook. It's Stephanie (Grow) Davis, anyways, I totally remember your plate. Everything seems like such a great idea in high school so don't feel bad. It's nice to run across you. Your family is way cute.

Devon and Brooke said...

I guess devon needs to drop his
O-H-EYE-O idea.

Devon and Brooke said...

see- this is one of the many reasons i miss you - nobody else goes with me to buy the new cleaning product - i miss our trips to meijer - love you! :)

Linds said...

hey!! i loved that car! ha ha! i thought the license plate was cute... ya there are a lot of things in high school that i wish someone would have slapped me and said "what are you thinking!"
your house looks awesome kort!! good job! that is soo hard to do! love it!

Christa said...

HOW COULD WE EVER FORGET ABOUT YOUR STYLING CAR WITH YOUR ROCKIN PERSONALIZED LICENSE PLATE..LOL!

Tara said...

I guess Daniel shouldn't get DR RPH after he graduates. Daniel and I always laugh at those and most of the time are trying to figure out what they say. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Uh, I guess I'll just return my plates I received in the mail! Just kidding. If you see a car driving around that says RITSTUF for (the Wright stuff) I swear it's not me! Hahaha, what's sad is I bet my in-laws would love a copy of their own. Why do the old and young eat that stuff up? Thanks for setting them straight.

PS Missed ya at the reunion. Our table was all sorts of outta control! Sorry to all those who loved it....I don't think you missed much.

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Don't worry Kort! Life gets better...I got the car long after you drove it, when it wasn't so cool anymore! well the Oakley sticker made it okay! haha. j/k. The car was a blessing to have in college and I couldn't have been more grateful to have had it in Idaho. Even with a drivers side door that would swing open while driving anytime it wanted. Hope you guys are doing great!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

oh the dodge shadow! i liked your personalized plates! gotta admit i thought the Q was for curly Q! never knew about the cucumber. gotta let people (and old people!) have their fun! john and i have personalized plates too! haha

ashley said...

K that is hillarious!! I totally remember the dodge! Hey I was totally jealous don't go a knockin on that sweet ride!

Barbara said...

OMG! you drove a dodge shadow too? Scott had one that he drove into the ground. The power windows were finally held up by a board. When it would rain he would have to go pull the window up and place the board in the door panel. Too funny. I love looking back and laughing. At the time I thought that it sucked! Makes for a good laugh now. We used to have a license plate that said "COWLVR". I went through a cow phase in the early 90's and collected cows. Loved them! Weird looking back. I was asked what cow Liver meant! I won't go their again.