Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, this is my feeble attempt to create a family blog. If nothing else, I hope you all find it amusing.

Our life has taken a few turns, and big changes have happened for us. The Manning's are now residents of Mesa, Arizona. After much thought, prayer, advice, and searching, we made the decision to move. We LOVED Hooper, Utah, but it just wasn't "in the cards" for us to stay. (I'll spare you the VERY long story of it all!) So, we bid farewell to the snow, and welcome the sunshine!
As a side note, Reese started a new preschool here, and in January they are learning about snow/snowmen. It cracked me up that she brought home a picture colored of all these different snowmen when it was a balmy 67 degrees that day :)

Greg has started in a new practice. His office is called Gateway Smiles. He LOVES it! He is busy as ever, with very little down time. The staff is great, and of course they love him. I think it will be a nice fit.

I have been busy unpacking boxes, organizing closets, and taking care of my new house! (coming from a smaller house, this seems so huge to me!) Cleaning 3 bathrooms was not as fun as I had planned it to be!! I love every minute, though. (almost every minute)

Reese is almost 4 now. She is a sunbeam, and thinks that is so cool. We went to our new ward on Sunday, and the primary president stopped me in between classes to tell me that she had been crying in sharing time. I couldn't believe it. Then she told be that they had had a visit from "Captain CTR" and it all made sense. Apparently Captain CTR had a white mask and green clothes...not up Reese's alley. We don't like clowns, (because of the painted faces), Santa, or Cinderella (because they both wear white gloves). Go figure....
She also is learning a lot being a new sunbeam. For example...this was our conversation last night at the dinner table:
R: Mom, did you know what Sunbeams don't do?
K: No, what?
R: They don't say "shut up, or stupid"
K: Really?
R: And they don't say Pee or Poop, either.
K: That's right.
R: Because sunbeams choose the right, but I don't like Captain CTR, because he was a little bit scary to me, and I cried a little bit, but it's o.k. now.
K: That's good.
Everyday I get to listen to, and participate in these back-and-forths. LOVE IT!! She never ceases to amaze me.

Truman is a little man. He is trying to be brave enough to walk. Walking is definitely NOT in our near future. He finally has four teeth. He was holding out on us for so long, then BOOM, all four. He has a mind of his own, thank you very much. He will eat when he wants, sleep when he wants, and no one will tell him otherwise. That's why we love him.

Well, this is long, but you are officially up-to-date on the life of the Manning's. Please take note of our new address and phone number. We love and miss you all. Take care.
Until next time.....

(480)830-9038

6 comments:

Beth said...

How fun to hear from you!! I am truly jealous of your sunshine filled days and your three bathrooms. Good luck with everything in Arizona and I look forward to keeping up with you.

Lisha said...

Kortney I am so glad you invited me to your blog. I would've never known that you just moved to AZ. We live in Tempe, AZ. I can't tell from your address, but we aren't too far from you. I am calling you today! We have to get together! I haven't seen you in years! I will also send you an invite to our blog. It's set on private. I hope we can get together once you are settled and not too busy. I'm really excited you moved here. I hope you guys will like it.

AMY MICHELLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMY MICHELLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMY MICHELLE said...

Kort, I didn't realize I left you same comment twice so I tried to delete it and now I have made a mess of your comments! Sorry! Anyway I tagged you, if you are in the mood to do it read my blog. Can't wait to hear more about what going on with you guys.
Amy

AMY MICHELLE said...

Kort, thanks for a good laugh...Spencer and I really enjoyed your tag info.