Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tricks, Treats, a BBQ, and LOTS of fun!








We had a GREAT Halloween this year! We started the night with a ward trunk-or-treat, followed by a BBQ at Greg's sister Sarah's house with our friends. It was about 95 degrees until the sun went down, then it cooled off a little making it the perfect night. The kids had a great time, too. Greg was pimpin' in his blue leisure suit, I in my 80's get up, Reese was a ballerina, and Truman was a groom to a little sweet baby bride, Kennedy, (our friend's little girl). Two of my friends were also in 80's attire with me, Holly and Tiffany. It was so fun to goof off for the night in our costumes. I would like to give a shout out to my older cousins, Kim..Ricci..Stacy, for inspiring my clothes and hairdo!! :) Great night, good friends, good weather...can a girl ask for more? I am going to have to do a "re-do" next week and dress my kids up again for better pictures. The sun went down way too quick and I didn't get any good pictures of their costumes. Stay tuned for the next edition of "fake Halloween" coming soon!

16 comments:

mpal said...

Okay, there was nothing wrong with the way we dressed in the 80's, nor with frying our hair with perms and thinking it looked good! You all looked great! Laura wants Reece to know she is afraid of clowns too!

Heather said...

seeing your picture-i thought i was back in high school all over again! I had a good friend of mine that would go through a gallon of hairspray a month-seriously! I actually hope perms come back in style because it was less work =)

Laura said...

cute kids Kortney! I placed pictures of our new baby Tyson on our blog if you want to see them. Laura

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

You are a hotty Court! Love the outfits! You're kids look so adorable and I love love love the blue suit!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

looks like fun! i love your sexy costume!! you do look great!!

Holly said...

seriously so much fun! Thanks for letting us be a part of all the festivities! Your hair seriously was meant to be styled like that ... you looked so hot!

tammy said...

I think the 80's are cool. We got married in 86 and we all had big bangs! I've had a really hard time getting away from that!
Lyssi HATES clowns too. They freak her completely out! That and dolls.
Halloween is fun! Your kids looks adorable! You missed good chili at my moms this year!

Tara said...

Truman is such a handsome little guy. He just looks so grown up.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics.....I think I've seen those bangs before :0) Oh, poor Brenner's hair was all wet from sweating to death in his costume! I have lived here how many years and it still shocks me that it's in the 90's in November! Anyway, cute kids....we should probably get our kids together sometime. Obviously with your move, my move, etc it didn't get done before Sara left.

The Ridgway Family said...

Your hair looked so good. I remember doing my hair that way - too funny. I also had a ton of leg warmers in my closet in high school! I love the photos and sounds like you had a fabulous Halloween.

Keisa

Heather K said...

You always look cute, in costume or not. How funny you three are total 80's chicks... So funny! Your ids look cute! I didn't get the pictures of my kids in their costumes either, I guess I'm not the only one. Hope you guys are doing well!

snow family said...

Ok... I love Truman as the little groom. I makes me laugh. Thats such a cute idea. I'm glad you got to go back to the "good old 8os" for a day. Memories.

The Grantham Family said...

Hot dang. Your hot! Lovin' the 80's hair....bring it back. You pull it off way too well!!

LOVE your new house and a pool! You have done some way fun things. LOVE the B&W bathroom with a splash of red!!

ps. Tell Jessica I said hello and have her call me.

Ginocchio Family said...

You know your cute when you can put on some crazy 80's business and still look hot!!! Sounds like such a fun night. Your kids are adorable! BTW Love the new house!

Devon and Brooke said...

love love love it! you are the cutest! we haven't talked forever...call you soon- love you!

Holly said...

so .... do anything fun lately?? Anythng you wanna share with the blogging world?